Yesterday I had a fitting with a player who has lost a bit of distance over the years. A five handicap, so a decent ball striker that wanted to gain some distance but not sacrifice any control. His swing speed was about 90 mph so normally I would fit that swing speed to a regular flex but as he wanted to keep all the control we started with a stiff flex. He started hitting his original TM R11 with 60g Fujikura Blur shaft and was getting 88-90 mph club head speed, 207 carry and roll out to 225-235 on the GC2 launch monitor. Launch and spin was good and dispersion was tight. I gave him an Accra Tour Z 45 M4 (this season these will be called Tour Z 45 LS) to try in a generation 1 RBZ Tour head and instantly saw the numbers increase, swing speed peaked at 92mph ball speed gained about 5 mph and carry distance went up to 220 and peaked at 225 yards carry and a few rolled out past the 250 yards mark. I then put the Tour Z 45 into his R11 head and the results where better than the standard Blur shaft but gains were more like 10-15 yards not the 25 that the RBZ Accra combination gave. Some on course test will take place this week but I think it’s another customer amazed by the power and control of Accra shafts.
May 2013 M T W T F S S « Mar 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- Hope I get time to test these @SCORGolf demo clubs today. http://t.co/gsCoCztM0P 1 day ago
- @golfengineer ok email me Fitforpurposegolf@gmail.com 1 day ago
- @golfengineer 58-12 1 day ago
- @golfengineer buyer pulled out if you are still interested I'll get the bounce in a bit for you 1 day ago
- @golfengineer sorry they have all gone already. 1 day ago